Trying to Fix my Sleep Schedule

So it is about 4 in the morning and I am in up sitting in bed trying to switch my sleep schedule back.

Today I was at the cyclotron until about 10:30am, the experiment is over. I came home and was asleep by noon. My PI promised the whole group and significant others a steak dinner at Texas Roadhouse when the experiment was over. It was at 6pm, which is really too early in my mind to be eating dinner but whatever. So waking up after only 5ish hours of sleep was not easy. Ray really wanted us to bail and I am so glad we didn't. Of course we ran late getting to the restaurant, but really only by 10 minutes. So we were 2 minutes away from the restaurant and I get a text from my PI asking if I forgot about the dinner. I responded "Sorry, running a little late". When we got there he is waiting all by himself. The other two group member really did FORGET! So our table for six turned into a table for three, I felt so bad. What graduate student forgets about a free meal, let alone one that your boss invites you to. Overall the dinner was nice, there really wasn't too much awkward silence once I started drinking my margarita. My PI really hates ice, he got his margarita on the rocks without rocks.

Came home at passed out before 10 watching TV.

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing at imagining someone ordering a "drink on the rocks, but hold the rocks".

    And that's pretty rough that nobody showed up for dinner. :-/

    ReplyDelete