To get a dog or not to get a dog, that is the question.

I know it may seem a little impulsive that Ray and I might have a dog by the middle of this week. But that is how we do things.

Ray and I have talked about getting a pet especially since our roommate who has a dog will be moving in May, but it was never serious. We considered a cat, but I am not a real fan of them, I want something that actually pays attention to me and knows its name. And I am pretty sure I am allergic to cats. A dog is really what we wanted. Both of our parents have Golden Retrievers, which is what Ray and I always thought we would get and of course it would be a puppy. But in the stage of our life I don't think we could handle a Golden Retriever, let alone a Golden Retriever puppy. So when ever I would seriously consider getting a dog I would talk myself out of it.

Once I started considering a dog that wasn't a Golden Retriever or a puppy, it made me realize maybe we could handle this. Financially Ray and I are a lot better than 3 months ago, the wedding is over with and paid for and we have finished paying my parents back. Also I started noticing a lot of our friends with full time jobs have dogs and some even live in apartments. So on Saturday morning I decided we were doing this!

We went looking at the Town Lake Animal Shelter on Sunday, this was not serious looking just seeing what they had. We had looked at all the dogs except for like the last 10 and there he was! His name is Rocky, he is about 5 years old, and he is a corgi mix. He has nice longish hair, which I noticed not too many dogs in the pound have. He is owner surrendered, his past owners were too old and sick to take care of him so he should be pretty laid back. Ray and I need a laid back dog, we are laid back people. So Monday morning we called to confirm that we will adopt him! We still have a few days to back out, but I don't think we will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment