Life is Good

So Ray officially has a day job. He started working days at the beginning of this week, lets just say it is taking some get of use to. Ray and I are not morning people at all, and also I realized I haven't been waking up before 8 am on a regular basis since elementary school. I think in the end all this will work it self out, I just need to go to bed before 1:30am (and trust me that is actually early for me).

I am finally getting motivated about grad school. I haven't skipped a day of work in over a month, I know for some this really isn't that big of a deal, but for me it is. Ever since grad school has started it has been hard to find enough work to do or motivation. I made the mistake of joining a brand new research group, I am Dr. Folden first grad school. If you ever go to grad school be careful about joining a brand new research group, it really makes something difficult like grad school even more difficult. But at the same time is really nice and rewarding to see a group start from the ground up. I won't lie but ever since I moved to Bryan, TX I have been a little in the dumps and it has hard to get out of bed, change doesn't go too well for me and I really really really wanted to stay in Austin. But things are getting better, I am starting to see a very small light at the end of the tunnel that is grad school.

So I officially am becoming a little bit of a engineer. I have learned a program called Solidwork, it is CAD (computer aided design) program that allows me to make 3d object. Also I have learned how to STAR CCM+, this is a CFD (computational fluid dynamic) program, which allows me to model air flow through a object. I really hate the learning curve on engineering program, the biggest problem is that the programs can do so much and only want to do so little.

Lastly because I am starting to master some of these crazy program I think it is time to upgrade my computer. I have a MacBook with 1 gb of RAM, which is pretty pathetic considering the programs I am running. So soon I will be increasing my RAM to 4 gb, this should be an exciting day and Dr. Folden is paying for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment