NICE boring weekend in Bryan

This past weekend was pretty nice and relaxing. Ray and I spent most of the weekend in Bryan, doing a whole lot of nothing. We did go to Houston on Saturday night from my great grand aunt's 90th birthday party. (I just looked on Wikipedia, she is my great grandmother's sister so that make her my great grand aunt. Did you know that?.....NOW you know!) I can't believe she turned 90 and still doing great. Her husband is 92 years young and he is also as fine as can be for that age. I mean not more than like 6 months ago they were still living on their own together in a house and her husband would still drive short distances! She broke her hip though walking a couple of months ago to give one of her friends a wedding present and currently is living at her son's house. They might still move back to there house soon. I swear I have some good genes, my great grandmother has another sister who I think just turned 93 and she still lives on her own.

Now that question I must ask, is do I really want to live into my 90s? The idea of death I am still not cool with, the older you get the cooler you supposedly get with it. Which I guess is true if you were to compare how I feel about death now than how I felt about it when I was like 8. As long as I don't lose my mind/memory, I think I would be fine with living into a very old age. But enough on that topic.

Houston really pissed me off though, my Iphone's GPS told me to get on a toll road and of course like always we didn't have any cash. So I told Ray to go through the EZ tag thing and we will get a little bill in the mail, just like we do in Austin. Well I found out that is not the case and they charge you like 18 dollars and we went through two toll things. Not too happy about this, hope I can call them an they will waive the fee for stupid out of towners.

I still can't believe summer and this year is already half way over, time is just going by really fast. Which I guess is a good thing since grad school is driving me insane. I am really sick of my project right now and it is really hard to find the motivation to get out of bed in the morning!!! Hope things start turning around soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment