Ray and I have the best dog in the world!

Ray and I are happy to introduce to the world the newest member of our family..........MURRAY!!!! He is a Golden Retriever mix, his foster mom said maybe with Border Collie and I think it a Shiba Inus. I can't say for sure though, because the bred is a little on the rare side. But he has the tail and the facial features of a Shiba Inus. Also he is full grown and only about 50 pounds, which is too small for a purebred Golden.

We adopted him from the Golden Retriever Rescue in Houston. We left our house before 9am last Saturday to drive to The Woodlands. We showed up to the "meet and greet" to see Murray and Wyatt. Wyatt is a purebred and only had one kidney. But was probably born with one kidney, so it isn't that huge of a problem. Shortly after we got there Murray showed up and it was love at first sight!

He was smaller than a normal Golden, which I was very excited about. I was really hesitate to get a Golden in the first place due to there size and this dog needed to be able to go with us to Austin once or twice a month. Also he was very chill, during the "meet and greet" he actually laid down on the ground numerous times! After like 15 minutes with him he was already laying on my feet.

He is also very well trained. We have had him in the house for 3 days and he listens very well to me and Ray. Hasn't pottied yet in the house or chewed up anything he wasn't supposed. He even wants to play with Spencer, but since he is twice his size sometimes it is too rough.

Overall we are very happy. The family and in laws came to visit for a Easter dinner with the two uncles (my parents and Ray's parents have Goldens of their own). Everyone was so happy to visit Murray. I love my new dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment