Getting a New Roof

So how have things been going? I am super excited about going to ACL for 3-days, that was nice surprise. I love how my iPhone allows me to buy things that I don't think I can afford sober but once I am a little drunk I change my mind. I am super excited to see Broken Bells on Saturday and Spoon on Friday, biggest reason why I got the 3-day pass. So I need ideas on what bands to see for ACL on Friday and Saturday. Sunday is set with Rebelution, Yeasayers, Norah Jones, The Flaming Lips, and The Eagles.

Ray and I are still trying to get used to waking up before 8 in the morning. What times do people go to bed when they have to be at work at 8? This is something that is taking a little getting used to and Ray made the mistake of taking two classes at Blinn. I so told him not to do that! And if you think I am not a morning person, trust me Ray is less of a morning person.

So Ray and I are now the proud owners of a new roof, which looks pretty awesome if I say so. We went with a 30 year roof, which is rare in our neighborhood so hopefully that will be a selling point. Funny thing about a 30 year roof is at least for my house it was only like 300 dollars more, and when you are already spending over 3 K what is another 300 dollars? Just a word of advice for people out there when you are buying a house it is very important to consider the quality of the windows, heater and air conditioning, roof, and flooring. If you have to replace any of these it is going to be quite a penny, unless you replacing carpet (which trust me carpet is gross and the general trend is no one wants it except for MAYBE the bedrooms). This of course if after you have considered location. Also don't forget about the school districts you are in, even if kids aren't in your near future. I think I have been watching TLC and HGTV too much, sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Here is my ACL schedule:

    http://heyhabibi.blogspot.com/2010/09/acl-2010-schedule.html

    For the bands I didn't know, I did a quick listen on GrooveShark to see if I might like them.

    Also I go to bed by 11PM, get up around 6:20 and get to work by 7. I've been doing it long enough now that it's hard for me to stay awake past midnight on the weekends unless there is a lot going on.

    The key, in my opinion, is to try to stick as close to your weekday schedule as possible. That way you don't undo "getting used" to getting up early once you hit the weekend.

    ReplyDelete