Graduate School Version of Spring Break

Life has been going. Hasn't been great but hasn't been bad. I am still really nervous about my seminar I have to give in about two weeks. For the most part the slides are finished I just need to figure out what I am going to say during the seminar.

Last weekend was fun, some friends came to visit. Overall it was a great weekend of good food, wine, and fun.

As a graduate student I don't really get Spring Break off and Ray has to work during the day early. So this Monday we were both up at campus before 9am. At least we both get Thursday and Friday off, a nice four day weekend. I still have to finish this abstract for the seminar I am giving in two weeks. Overall this is a really time consuming hoop that I have to do for graduate school. Graduate school has really just been just been a lot of hoops I have had to jump. Officially I haven't failed at any of them yet, which is a good sign. All that class I have taken I have at least passed with a B. I completed my teaching requirement. And most importantly I have passed 5 CUMES! Good news this is the last stupid hoop before I can finally only work on my research.

Ray and I have been qualified for to adopt a rescue Golden Retriever. We are very excited and plan on getting one as soon as this literature seminar is over! I will be so much happier after this seminar is over, just two more weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment